Board Certified Hip and Knee Replacement Surgeon who also treats lower extremity trauma and manages pain related to arthritis.
He also manages many complex patients with failed knee and hip replacements and performs arthroscopy for injuries such as meniscus tears of the knee. Dr. Jimenez is the founder of Bone Drs Orthopedic Care and has opened 3 clinic locations in the Central Texas region to serve you and your family. Visit with him in Austin, San Marcos or Bastrop, TX.
He is a San Antonio native with deep ties to the Central Texas region and looks to improve the musculoskeletal health of the population in this area. He has undergone world-renowned training and has performed thousands of surgeries. He is actively engaged in teaching other surgeons the latest, minimally-invasive techniques for hip and knee replacement and is also heavily involved in the field of Robotic Orthopedic Surgery.
Dr. Jimenez has been on the cutting edge of medicine with a focus on having great outcomes for his patients. He has been recognized as a Texas Super Doctor in Texas Monthly, a distinction that is awarded to only 2.5% of all active Texas physicians. Physicians awarded this have been recognized and nominated by their peers for excellence in healthcare. Call 512-266-3377 to schedule an appointment with him at one of our locations.
- Undergraduate: B.S. Biology – University of Texas at San Antonio
- Medical School: M.D. – University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio School of Medicine
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery – University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
- Fellowship: Adult Reconstruction/Hip Preservation
– Hip and Pelvis Institute, Santa Monica, CA with Dr. Joel Matta (now at Steadman Clinic in Vail)
-Los Angeles Orthopedic Institute, Los Angeles, CA with Dr. Edward McPherson (now at UCLA)